Body — the most expensive part of the car. Its condition largely depends on the cost of the machine in the secondary market. If there are technical problems with the car, the other may not know, the defects of the body there is always.
One of the ways to maintain the bodywork of the vehicle in good condition is a wax. Contrary to popular belief, that applies to cars, not only to give Brightness to the body, but also to improve its protection features. In this article we will consider what kind of wax can be applied to the chassis of the vehicle, and why it is done.
What kind of car wax are
Automotive stores you can see hundreds of bottles, tubes and glass jars with different wax compositions. Each manufacturer claims that its composition better than the competition or trying to win the contest in other ways, for example, lower cost. All this variety of wax formulations for vehicles can be divided into two major groups:
- Formulations based on natural wax. In this type of structures with a natural wax, the characteristics of which are improved by the addition of various additives (synthetic components).
- Formulations based on synthetic wax. In this type of formulations of natural wax is completely absent, but similar solutions can be used in some cases.
Car wax can be divided into several groups, depending on the texture and how filling it is presented:
- A liquid wax. This composition polymerizes when placed in the body of the vehicle. Freezing, the liquid wax long-lasting film. Since liquid wax is applied to bulk, fill all the cracks and penetrates the defects in the body to form a dense film:
- Wax spray. This composition, which is close to the liquid wax, but are sold in cans or bottles with a spray. The wax can be applied by spraying through the small holes of the spray, which makes it less viscous of liquid wax. Here lies your advantage, this type of composition is convenient and fast to apply, but there is a drawback — the resulting wax film on the car body less dense;
- The solid wax. This type of car wax in appearance and texture close to the real wax. It is difficult to wax allows the application of maximum sustainable film. When you rub a hard wax "scores" all the cracks and crevices. Due to the fact that, when it is brushed that physically affect the composition penetrates more in defects in the body of liquid wax.
Please note: the Most common solid wax is a synthetic.
It should be noted that the experts recommend in the time warmer of the year (at positive temperature environment), the use genuine automotive wax to preserve the body, and in the winter to apply a synthetic compound.
Why do I need to cover the car body with wax
It has already been pointed out that the car wax is a chemical composition that is based on wax or a synthetic analog. Each manufacturer has its own formula for the composition, which includes waxes, silicones, polymers, resin, and other components that have a positive impact on the bodywork of the vehicle.
Depending on the composition, a list of useful properties of a car wax varies. You can highlight few main advantages of the application of the wax in the body:
- Protection from moisture. Wax in the body to form a thin film that prevents the entry of moisture in the paint. Any vehicle, which has passed more than a dozen kilometers, covered with microcracks. If they are wet, it has a negative impact on the metal on the inside of the damage, including the paint coating. Wax on the body to minimize the possibility of corrosion due to contact with moisture and contaminants in the structure of the paint and the metal;
- Protection against the sun. Direct sunlight affects the paint of the automobile, the destruction of the painting with pigments. In few words, the car paint due to exposure to the direct light of the sun becomes less intense. Hair removal with wax in the body avoids this problem;
- Protection from minor damages. When driving on the road the car picks up around the poles, in which a large number of small particles. When they come into contact the paint surface of the car, especially at high speed, a high probability of defects — scratches, small cracks. The wax eliminates the danger;
- To protect the painting from damage. Inflicted on the car body paint is composed of a liquid component, which during operation of the machine slowly disappeared. Depends on the elasticity of the paint. When the liquid component becomes very small, the paint becomes brittle and susceptible to any kind of damage. Because of this, later, there are cracks in the paint of the bodywork. The wax prevents the layer dry;
- Improvement of the appearance. The car, the body of which the wax appears to be the most well taken care of. The surface of the body is softened, so the wax gets into the small scratches, and most of the paint looks more glossy and beautiful.
Depilation with wax on the car body is a good prevention of the appearance of serious defects in the paint and the reduction of the probability of corrosion.