The car should please the owner, but over time or due to some negligence, the protective layer weakens, the car rusts, stains, scratches, cracks appear. The protective layer needs our continued support. And the best assistant in this is liquid glass (ZhS) for cars.
To understand its importance, in order to keep the car in excellent condition for a long time, you must first learn the components of ZhS, its capabilities, how to use it properly, which to choose from the market.
What is a liquid glass for a car
Advances in technology have made it possible to switch from wax to silicone protective nail polish. Of course, we are not talking about pure silicon, but about complex compositions based on it. A lightning strike in the sand produces glass in a boiled form - silicates, silicon salts. The principle of a natural phenomenon with high temperature is the basis for the technology of production of endless variations of rigid glass. But glass can also be liquid if you remove the calcium component during its production. Liquid glass is used in the production and creation of many materials, in many industries. Most often, in a silicon-based ZH - alkaline solutions of sodium or potassium.
Since 2008, SiO2silicon dioxide has also been included in the automotive ZhS silicon base. To it, using a special technology, are added:
- titanium and aluminum oxides;
- surfactants (surfactants);
- ingredients for the production of polymer films.
Each additive gives certain properties to ZhS. Titanium oxide (together with polymer compounds) forms a thermal protective film. The film, composed of nano-particles, gives the body a glow and makes it possible to classify ZhS as nanoceramics.
Surfactors are responsible for cleanliness - they remove the remaining dirt particles from the already cleaned surface of the body.
The silicone component prevents oxidation of the body and provides better adhesion of ZhS to the surface of the body, plus - protection of the latter.
The use of silicon dioxide significantly increases the durability of the glaze.
How to make liquid glass
ZhS production technologies:
- Sand soda sintering:natural sand and technical soda are mixed, the mixture is poured separately. oven (1300 ° C), cooled. The resulting glass piles are dissolved by high-pressure steam (or pressed into a powder, which is then dissolved in hot water).
- Processing of silicon raw materials: after the raw materials are ground, alkali (mainly sodium) is added, the mixture is placed in an autoclave with a vibrator at a temperature of 1000 ° C.
- Hydrothermal technology: silicon raw materials are dissolved in concentrated alkaline solutions with the release of a large amount of heat, so that no additional heating is needed.
- New technology(simple and cheap): kullet is used as a raw material of silicon, which is washed, cleaned of metal oxides, crushed, melted, turning into a monolithsilicate. And then in a vibrating mixer with boiling water.
What properties of ZhS allow to protect the body of the car
The thermal protective film formed does not only cover the paint layer in the factory, the film and the ink atoms spread. This allows:
- interrupt the entry of oxygen into the paint layer;
- prevent corrosive substances from entering the body;
- repel dirt particles, do not leave streaks after rain;
- Protect the paint layer from sunlight while maintaining color depth.
The presence of SiO2in ZhS strengthens the body varnish coating and prevents minor surface damage. This is facilitated not only by the hardness properties of the dioxide, but also by a certain plasticity of the liquid mixture.
What happens after the application of ZhS
After applying ZhS, provide:
- Reducing the need for frequent vehicle washing. It is often enough to wipe off the dirt with a sponge or damp tissue.
- The paint is protected from fading and fading. The color of the plant restores depth, saturation.
- The original layer is protected from cracking and loss of appearance.
- The machine is protected against rust, as the liquid glass film insulates the metal surface of the body.
Important:Existing minor surface injuries are supplemented with JS and become invisible.
Functions of liquid glass
Liquid glass has the following characteristics:
- Preservation of the coating with varnish and paint - due to the spread of ZhS and varnish, the formation of a film. Solar ultraviolet is not transmitted, the increased temperature is not terrible.
- Restore the original color. Filling of small cracks, bruises and small scratches, plus an increase in the thickness of the paint and varnish layer, which increases the depth and saturation.
- Anti-corrosion protection of the body. It does not allow water, dirt, salt, sand and other aggressive substances to reach the metal body.
- Remedy for water and dirt.
- Giving shine, luxury to the look of the car.
- Increased durability - compared to other polishes.
- Antistatic. Prevents electrification of the body surface.
The car has a hydrophobic effect (water and dirt are removed), you can wash it much less often. And what is left can be removed with a damp cloth and the car will shine again. Thanks to ZhS for cars, stains are virtually invisible on the body.
What gives liquid glass to a car paint in addition to gloss
The surface of the body is protected from aggressive substances, sun, high temperature, water, pollution. Everything increases the duration of the polishing layer and the varnish and paint. In addition, micro-damage to the surface, the aging of the factory paint are hidden. That is, the original appearance of the car has been restored.
ZhS performs all the protective and restorative functions described above much better than varnish. The latter practically does not protect against aggressive materials.
If it were not for the harshness of the climate and the condition of the roads, the liquid glass would retain its properties for 3 years. In bad conditions, the average period is less than a year. According to the manufacturers, ZhS must withstand at least 80 washes, i. e. a year and a half.
Step one. Washing and drying the machine outside
If it is self-made, then it should be noted that neither foam tires nor a cloth are suitable - they hold small solid particles well, which will surely cover the body of the body with a mesh of scratchessmaller. Needed - a rubber hose and a soft brush with a long thread.
Discard all machinery and wait a few minutes for the dirt to absorb. In a bucket, prepare a solution of a special car shampoo (just that! ) And, by dipping a brush in it, clean all the dirt, constantly poured from a hose.
Important:Be sure to wash with shampoo and not hot water. Otherwise, the slightest dirt will remain in the pores and cracks, which will absorb moisture and then penetrate under the paint. The result will be rust.
But first, clean all drainage holes of doors, sills, prefabricated so that water does not enter the cavities and cause further corrosion.
And at the end of the wash - remove all water droplets with a clean squeezed suede so that small white spots do not appear in their places, due to sunlight.
Completion of the first stage - wipe the entire washed surface with a soft dry cloth (napkin).
Step two. Degradation
Anything that has not been dissolved by water is eliminated.
The entire surface of the dry body is oily with a special agent that has a pungent odor, so the room should have a good discharge cap or you should work in a respirator. Always wear rubber gloves. First, a solvent is applied, after a while the dirt is removed with a soft, lint-free cloth.
Be careful - if the contamination is bituminous, then you should use special bitumen cleaners. Never use gasoline, kerosene and the like - in spray and paint. Possible only on bare metal surfaces. Remove the old manicure. In the end, the body is covered with a cleansing solution and everything is washed.
Covering the machine with liquid glass with your hands
Dressing a ZhS machine consists of several stages, including primary polishing and mirror polishing.
This stage requires premises already prepared and certain skills. The room should have equipment, tools - as in painting booths. And it should be free of dust, moisture and sun, necessarily well lit.
Polishing is simple. In the absence of visible chips with cracks and scratches, a simple polishing is performed - with a microfiber cloth and polishing - rubbed on a limited part of the body in a circular motion (10-20). If you catch a large area right away, then the layer will have time to dry out a bit, and there will be a problem with friction.
Deep polishing. Scratches and deep chips are first softened with fine sandpaper, a rubber band and water. In this case, the sandpaper is softened in warm water.
Next - polishing with an automotive polishing machine using a polishing paste. Of course, a professional model is preferred.
You can buy a cheap model, or you can do it from an electric drill or a grinder using special adapters for joining polishing pads. But without the right skills, it is easy to break down the paint layer.
With the right skills, at this stage, light damage to the surface is removed, homogeneity is restored, a protective layer is applied.
This is the main stage of the work. JS is applied in a circular motion, layer by layer. Optimum - 10-12 layers, minimum - 4. Finally, walk with a clean napkin on the treated surface, remove the white coating.
Further drying is a long process (6 - 12 hours). For complete crystallization to occur.
Characteristics of the car with liquid glass
Be sure to abide by the following rules:
- the conditions for the cleanliness of the room and its protection from the sun and rain must be met. Even in ideal weather, it is better not to take risks and not to work outdoors - any wind gusts and work are ruined by dust rising;
- operating temperature: 15-40 ° С;
- when removing grease, be sure to remove old clothing;
- do not use the polishing machine at full power - in small areas;
- do not press the typewriter firmly to avoid strong surface heating;
- next car wash - no earlier than 1-2 weeks, but it is possible to rinse once a week.
Advantages and disadvantages of liquid glass
- increases surface resistance, much stronger than conventional polishing;
- protection against aggressive environments;
- has no effect of sticking impurities;
- making the body shiny, improving its appearance;
- the whole surface can be protected;
- effects against rain, against ice, against graffiti; Stability
- has increased.
- Free ZH provides poor protection against alkaline solutions;
- is weaker than film in protection against cracking and sand blasting;
- low plastic properties - in case of collision or strong frost, it may crack;
- needs proper care, especially when washing;
- requires certain skills.
Reviews of car owners for liquid glass handling
Car owners have the following opinion about ZhS:
- Everyone notices the gloss, the brightness and saturation of the colors, the flip of the dots. A clear advantage over waxing.
- Easier to clean, less sticky dirt. It does not fade so much during the summer.
- It dries quickly when you apply ZhS, the treated area is slightly larger and everything is broken. It is unfortunate that quality formulations are very expensive.
- More reliable than regular nail polish and better, more durable look.